Tuesday 29 May 2018

"Oh, What a Beautiful Morning! Oh, What a Beautiful Day!"

The first couple days of this week have been absolutely gorgeous (and HOT!) so we took music outdoors! 

... and we looked cool doing it!

Oh, no! There's a spider on my
face, on my face!  There's a
spider no my face, on my face.
It's such a big disgrace.
There's a spider on my face!
There's a spider on my face,
On my face!

The JKs had lots of fun learning a couple new animal songs including There's a Spider on the Floor.



And of course, there were lots of Green & Speckled Frogs hopping in the pond.

Outside is also a great place to play the Song Game, Chay Chay Koolay.



The grade ones learned a new silly song Corner Grocery Store and we took turns coming up with silly rhymes of what we might find in the store (we also learned that "pineapple" and "oranges" are very difficult to rhyme!)
[Video by Zoya]

Finally, we all learned the new song, Lying in My Sleeping Bag.  We made all the sounds you can hear at night including crickets, dogs, owls, sirens, sprinklers, and even the sun rising (imagine what the sun might sound like!)  At the very end, we "finally fell asleep".

Listen to all that snoring!




No comments:

Post a Comment